A nose job, or Rhinoplasty, is a procedure performed to improve the overall aesthetic of this central facial feature. There are a number of common complaints people have about their nose, from overall size in proportion to the rest of their facial features, bumps and indentations, the width of the nose, the positioning of the nostrils, nasal tips that are hooked, bulbous, or upturned, and issues with asymmetry.
Through a rhinoplasty procedure, all of these issues are typically resolved very successfully. In addition to these aesthetic issues, sometimes the function of the nose is improved through rhinoplasty as well.
The Rhinoplasty Procedure
There are two main rhinoplasty techniques, closed and open. Your unique anatomic characteristics will determine which surgical approach is best for you.
We will discuss which technique will give you the best result based on your goals and individual anatomy during your consultation.
- Closed Rhinoplasty: During a closed rhinoplasty, all incisions are made inside of the nose, where excess cartilage and bone are reduced, sculpted, and re-positioned in order to improve contours.
- Open Rhinoplasty: During an open rhinoplasty, a small incision is made at the base of the nose in addition to the internal incisions. This approach allows for a more complete visualization of the tip and dorsal structure for sculpting and re-positioning.
What Can Rhinoplasty Accomplish?
- Increase or decrease the width of the nose
- Straighten a crooked nose
- Remove humps in the nasal bridge
- Adjust the angle of the nasal tip
- Create a slimmer or more defined nasal tip
- Increase or decrease the dimensions of the nostrils
- Resize the nose’s overall dimensions
Schedule Your Rhinoplasty Consultation
Rhinoplasty surgery has helped many men and women of various ages gain new confidence in their appearance. If you are tired of feeling self-conscious about your nose and are interested in learning more about the rhinoplasty procedure, contact Ear, Nose & Throat of Fairfield to schedule a consultation. Call us today at 203-259-4700.